Prof. Hatem Said
Dr Said is currently a Professor in Assiut University, Egypt
His medical training and most of the post gradutate training was in Assiut University Hospital . He went to the UK to finish his M.D. thesis on Infected TKR, in 2001-2002, where he worked as an SHO and an SPR.
In 2005, he revisited the UK as a Senior Arthroscopy fellow in Birmingham Royal Orthopedic Hospital, where he trained on Shoulder Arthroscopy.
Since then his main specialty has been Knee and Shoulder arthroscopy, but in 2008 he has taken up interest in Hip Arthroscopy.
His latest fellowship was with Michael Dienst in Munich Germany in 2010 for Hip Arthroscopy. Recently, with the increasing flow and recognition of FAI, Hip arthroscopy has taken a decent share in his practice and he has become one of the leaders in the field in the Middle East. He has taught on numerous international meetings and courses in the field of Hip & Shoulder Arthroscopy.
He is a reviewer for International journals, such as Arthroscopy, and in 2011, joined the Editorial board of AJSM and International Orthopaedics Journals. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the new SICOT-J in 2015.
His memberships in international organizations and societies have increased his relations and friendships and as an active member of SICOT, in 2011 he has been appointed as Editorial Secretary and member of the BOD.
As the AOTrauma middle east is a flourishing region, he is honored to be a member of the educational committee for ME, and was chairman of the Regional Advances courses for 2013. Being a member of the Regional Educational Team (RET), and an international faculty on the AO courses, allows him to share his passion for teaching.
He was awarded the State Encouragement Prize for Medical Sciences in 2012..
- 1995: Graduated from Assuit University.
- 1997-2000: Residency in Assiut University Hospital.
- 2001-2002: Arthroplasty training UK.
- 2002: FRCSI.
- 2004: M.D.
- 2005: Senior Arthroscopy Fellow, Birmingham UK.
- 2009: Asst. Prof
- 2010: Hip Arthroscopy fellowship, Munich.
- 2014: Professor.
1- Meniscal and cartilage problems
2- Anterior cruciate ligament injuries (ACL)
3- PCL and Multiligament knee injuries
1- Rotator cuff injuries
2- Recurrent shoulder dislocations: Bankart & SLAP lesions
- Hip Arthroscopy: to treat FAI (Femoro-acetabular impingement and labral tears)
- Total Knee Replacement for osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Total Hip Replacement with Cementless & Cemented Joints.
- Shoulder Arthroplasty.
- Fractures and deformities of the lower and upper limb.
- High tibial osteotomies.
- Dar ElSalam Hospital, El-Awkaf Building(1), 2nd Floor.