By Bill Fawcett
Publish yr note: First released July twenty fourth 2012
An engrossing and fact-filled compendium of undying classes we continue forgetting--over and again and again . . .
It is related that those that don't study from heritage are doomed to copy it. And so now we have. many times humankind has conquer nice turmoil merely to disregard genuinely-earned knowledge on the very worst second. Borrowing extra from Groundhog Day than D-day, invoice Fawcett illuminates a few of the predicaments, either notorious and imprecise, that experience vexed us for centuries--and simply could clarify lots of today's worldwide conflicts. via fourteen chapters, Doomed to copy is brim-full of trivialities, historic oddities, and interesting insights into our most well liked mistakes.
• What quite stops terrorists
• How inflation and recession helped set the level for the Nazis to take power
• What rather ended the good melancholy and no matter if it may well paintings today
• What heritage predicts for the ultimate result of the Arab Spring
• Swine flu, poultry flu, and the probabilities of one other all over the world plague