By Dan Cederholm
Irrespective of how visually attractive or filled with content material your website is, it is not succeeding if it is not achieving the widest attainable viewers. if you happen to get this consultant, you may be guaranteed it's going to! via deconstructing a sequence of real-world websites, writer and net clothier extraordinaire Dan Cederholm outlines 10 suggestions for growing standards-based designs that supply flexibility, clarity, and consumer controlkey elements of each profitable site. each one bankruptcy starts off out with an instance of what Dan refers to as an "unbulletproof" conceptan latest web site that employs a standard technique and its linked pitfalls. Dan then deconstructs that technique, noting its downsides after which making the positioning over utilizing Cascading sort Sheets (CSS). by means of the top of every bankruptcy, you will have changed conventional, bloated, inaccessible web page elements with lean markup and CSS. The consultant culminates with a bankruptcy that items jointly all the web page parts mentioned in previous chapters right into a unmarried web page template.
Read Online or Download Bulletproof Web Design: Improving flexibility and protecting against worst-case scenarios with XHTML and CSS PDF
Similar networking: internet books
Kitching breaks down neighborhood ecology into its elements utilizing box habitats to illustrate the underlying ideas. A needs to should you search to appreciate the complexities of ecosystems and existence on the earth.
Facts mining is taken into account as essentially the most robust applied sciences that participates drastically in aiding businesses in any to target an important details of their info warehouses. during this booklet, we built a brand new method that measures the effectiveness of information mining in aiding retail web pages designers to enhance the constitution in their web content in the course of the layout part.
This sourcebook has been created for sufferers who've made up our minds to make schooling and Internet-based learn a vital part of the therapy approach. even though it supplies details invaluable to medical professionals, caregivers and different overall healthiness pros, it additionally tells sufferers the place and the way to seem for info masking almost all issues with regards to balantidiasis, from the necessities to the main complex parts of analysis.
Using social media has won a better foothold in teenager lifestyles as they include the conversational nature of interactive on-line media. besides the fact that, normal issues exist one of the public, group, faculties, and management that on-line social communique could pose extra threats than merits to children.
- Mobile Internetworking with IPv6: Concepts, Principles and Practices
- Modern Technologies in Web Services Research
- Web Search Savvy Strategies and Shortcuts for Online Research
- The 2002 Official Patient's Sourcebook on Tuberculosis: A Revised and Updated Directory for the Internet Age
- The 2002 Official Patient's Sourcebook on Gout: A Revised and Updated Directory for the Internet Age
Additional resources for Bulletproof Web Design: Improving flexibility and protecting against worst-case scenarios with XHTML and CSS
Notice how the entire top portion of this image is transparent. gif. 24. gif graphic contains the bottom cap for the header, with a transparent area above to let the other image show through. [View full size image] 57 58 APPLYING THE CSS To pull all the pieces together, I used two rather simple CSS declarations. gif at the top and left on a light gray background. gif at the bottom and left of the heading. Because #blog-header will only expand as tall as its contents make it, only just enough of its background will be revealed behind the heading text.
10. This one-pixel-tall image is used as the bottom border for the tabs, allowing the active tab to overlap it, blending the bottom of the tab with the rest of the white page. This 1 x 37-pixel GIF image will tile horizontally along the bottom edge of our tab set. The width is arbitrary in this case, since we tile it horizontally, and for the life of me, I cannot remember why the odd width of 37 pixels was chosen for this particular image. 11 shows the stacking order of the navigation thus far, with the background color, one-pixel tiled border, and tab content coming together to complete the design.
You may recall that we ran into a similar problem in Chapter 2. When we float inner elements (in this case the two
- that wraps around them, it's as if the list items don't really exist. As a result, the
- doesn't know how tall and wide to stretch the background color behind itself. To fix this problem, let's float the
- along with the list items (just as we did with the tabs in Chapter 2). In addition, we need to assign a width to make sure the row flows across the entire, intended width.