By Vojkan Vidojkovic, J. van der Tang, Arjan Leeuwenburgh, Arthur H.M. van Roermund
This ebook investigates recommendations, advantages, boundaries, and prices linked to multi-standard operation of RF front-ends and their skill to evolve to variable radio environments. subsequent, it highlights the optimization of RF front-ends to permit greatest functionality inside of a definite energy finances, whereas concentrating on complete integration. eventually, the ebook investigates probabilities for low-voltage, low-power circuit topologies in CMOS expertise.
Read or Download Adaptive Multi-Standard RF Front-Ends (Analog Circuits and Signal Processing) PDF
Similar microwaves books
This publication offers the interdisciplinary box of good electrodynamics and its purposes in superconductor and microwave applied sciences. It offers scientists and engineers the basis essential to take care of theoretical and utilized electromagnetics, continuum mechanics, utilized superconductivity, high-speed digital circuit layout, microwave engineering and transducer know-how.
This booklet offers with microwave electronics, that's to assert these elements of microwave circuits that generate, enlarge, discover or modulate indications. it truly is in keeping with a direction given within the electric Engineering division of Eindhoven college considering that 1985 and on approximately 20 years of expertise within the microwave box.
Joseph F. White has studied, labored, and taught in all features of microwave semiconductor fabrics, keep watch over diodes, and circuit functions. he's completely grounded within the physics and math ematics of the sector, yet has essentially the engineer's point of view, combining easy wisdom with adventure and ingenuity to gen erate useful designs below constraints of required functionality and prices of improvement and construction.
This e-book offers ideas and purposes to extend the cupboard space from 2-D to 3D or even multi-D, together with grey scale, colour (light with diversified wavelength), polarization and coherence of sunshine. those actualize the advancements of density, ability and information move fee for optical info garage.
- Architectures and Synthesizers for Ultra-low Power Fast Frequency-Hopping WSN Radios
- Wireless Mesh Networks: Architectures and Protocols
- Optoelectronic Circuits in Nanometer CMOS Technology
- Integrated Frequency Synthesizers for Wireless Systems
- Elastic Optical Networks: Architectures, Technologies, and Control
- Advanced Materials and Technologies for Micro Nano-Devices, Sensors and Actuators (NATO Science for Peace and Security Series B: Physics and Biophysics)
Extra resources for Adaptive Multi-Standard RF Front-Ends (Analog Circuits and Signal Processing)
11) in the DSP is to use an adaptive interference cancellation method . This method uses the idea of subtracting the Xip (ω ) component from the signal Xiff (ω ). 1. 13 Suppression of the components at negative frequencies in the amplitude spectrum Xrf (ω ) that the signals Xip (ω ) and Xid are correlated. Calibration is an another method that can be applied. In this method errors and required corrections are estimated in the digital domain and based on them tuning is performed in the analog domain .
An Analog to Digital Converter (ADC) is the building block that performs this function. The most simple front-end in terms of minimal number of used building blocks is obtained by connecting an ADC to an antenna. Unfortunately, there are many implementation problems that prevent realization of this front-end. A major problem is a high power consumption of this ADC. There are two reasons for such a high power consumption. The first is a high frequency of the received analog signal. 4), the operating frequency is higher than 900 MHz.
9. An ideal QLO generates I and Q signals, which have exactly the same amplitude and the phase difference of 90◦ . In the case of an ideal QLO, the frequency down-conversion function in the frequency domain is presented in Fig. 10. Xlo (ω ), Xif (ω ) and Xiff (ω ) are the amplitude spectra of the complex signals. 1. 10 Frequency down-conversion function in the frequency domain with an ideal QLO 28 CHAPTER 2. FRONT-END ARCHITECTURE SELECTION In Fig. 10(c) the amplitude spectrum of the down-converted signal Xif (ω ) is presented.